Alexandria, United States
Alexandria is a charming city located in Virginia. It is famous for beautiful historical buildings, forts, vibrant parks and great museums. As the city lies on the spectacular Potomac River, the visitors can glide on the river on water with boat cruise or just walk along one of the many trails.
Places to visit-
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial- It provides a museum, a library, a research center, a concert hall, and a community center.
- Torpedo Factory Art Center- Its collection contains 82 artists’ studios, two workshop spaces and seven galleries
- Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum- It provides old medical equipment, herbal remedies and hand-blown glass containers, books of recipes and formulas and old journals.
- Carlyle House- It is known for its Architecture.
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum
- Woodlawn Plantation and Pope-Leighey House-Visitors should visit these architectural masterpieces.
- Jones Point Lighthouse- Here visitors can enjoy swimming, fishing.
- River Farm- It is famous for its lovely meadow, orchards, pond, colorful gardens, and a number of old specimen trees.
- Mount Vernon- It is a museum that features historic documents.
- Fort Ward Museum and Park- It contains many fascinating artifacts that allow visitors to understand the role the fort played in history.
- Brabo Tasting Room- Brabo is a beautiful place to go for a business lunch.
- National Inventors Hall of Fame and Museum
Where to stay?
- Kimpton Lorien Hotel and Spa- In addition to the Spa, this hotel offers a business centre, a 24-hour front desk and multilingual staff.
- Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria- It is located near Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Embassy Suites Hotel Alexandria Old Town- The 288 rooms of this hotel provides refrigerators, microwaves, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs with cable channels, coffee makers and free newspapers.